Friday, October 11, 2019

"I've got a lot of issues in life but money is not one of them"

     So this is gonna be off topic for this blog... or maybe exactly on target. I'm in a position now where I may truly be a millionaire by age 40. And it's a great feeling, but I also have come to the realization that it's not the happy ending I thought it would be. $1 million is not anywhere near enough to retire in the USA but it is plenty to retire in other beautiful amazing countries. But I find this odd sense of incompleteness.... If I stay in USA

     A friend recently posted on Facebook how she was very upset at age 31 she has not yet cleared 100k... I really didn't wanna be arrogant but I also really wanted to message her that I've cleared 100k for the last 9 years, and after taxes and investments, it's not all it's cut out to be. We all know deep down that good old phrase money doesn't buy happiness... I respectfully disagree with this... to an extent. When I was flat broke I was depressed, sleeping on piles of clothes, an air mattress, or a friends couch was not the best times of my life. I heard once that money does buy happiness but just to a level of about 70k a year, of course adjust this to where you live, 70k in San Fran you are border line homeless, in Mississippi you may be rich. As long as you have enough money to take a few trips a year, go out to dinner once or twice a week, buy some nice things, and not worry about day to day bills, you have reached your peak of monetary happiness. In my humble opinion.

    So now for me as I am approaching a net worth of 1 million I constantly find myself saying the title of this article.. "I've got a lot of issues in life, but money isn't one of them." 

No comments:

Post a Comment